the little fry

Richard's dad is famous for making up little songs about his kids. Richard is following in his footsteps and sings all the time:



"Si, Si, the little fry, such an amazing little guy."



He's four months old. Four and a half months actually, I'm a bit behind. He's got a raspy little voice and rusty hair which has earned him various other nicknames.



My co-worker has one little boy and is thinking about having a second but has the same fear every parent has. Can I possibly love another baby as much as the baby I already have? For me the fear is more like this: Did I really love my other babies as much as I love my most recent baby?


He delights me and I know for sure because of recent experiences that I am more grateful each day to have him than I was with my other children. I don't take him for granted. Kind of ironic considering he wasn't "planned"...

4 comments:

Krista said...

Your comment about wondering if you loved your other babies as much as you do your most recent baby is so true!! I find myself having that same thought almost daily. Simon is a little cutie!

Daines Family said...

He's a mini-Jo! I hope his hair stays red for a while. And then maybe when he's a grown man it can darken into a real handsome auburn...

Laura said...

He sure is cute! I love his little smile:)

Brookie said...

he is soooooo cute!!