my guy got a new 'do

Richard with Cameron on his blessing day exactly six years prior to the photo taken below.


I'm just going to cut to the chase here. (With Richard's permission of course.) He's losing his hair. After much discussion and a few trial hair-dos that came dangerously close to a comb-over he decided to just shave it. His brother was always telling him to just embrace baldness, so he has. You can go ahead and comment on his hair (or lack of) and make jokes about it, he's moved past the mourning phase. We're good now. I say "we" because shaving his head is much easier for me than cutting his hair.

9 comments:

Richard said...

No man is safe when his wife has a blog.

Richard said...

And, I'm pretty sure the author took some liberties when she used the word "permission."

Krista said...

Richard's comments are the best part! :) You should post about him more often.

Lorraine said...

I agree with Krista. Also, Sean says, "Welcome to the club!"

Daines Family said...

What I was going to say when we were skyping--but I can't remember if I did-- was that I've always really liked that buzzed look on grown men. And I would probably encourage Will to do it more often if he didn't have a reputation for looking like a terrorist when his hair is buzzed.

Bryan said...

I didn't find this as funny as Brittany did. I believe I know why. This post and Richard's new look haunt me, not unlike a spectre from the future, portending my own fate.

George and Caralee said...

Embrace the baldness! George has been doing it for years. I LOVE it...NO WAY should a handsome man like Richard hide behind a bad comb over look- again...
EMBRACE it!!!!

Tisha said...

sheesh, he totally looks like Cameron to me with the new do!
i'm glad you're embracing it, much better than fighting it. just like i've embraced my beautiful white hairs :)

Laura said...

Haha Bryan's post cracked me up. I like the new hair Rich!