the Main Street Mile

Cameron did another race on Friday, and this time I ran with him. All the kids and their parents "chased" an ice cream truck around downtown Boise. I was disappointed to discover that the ice cream at the end of the race was for the children only. Come on!

This race was in support of men's health with special regard to Prostate Cancer Awareness. Since Cameron has a great-grandfather who has endured prostate cancer it was a great opportunity to explain the fundraising aspect of fun runs.


Of course it rained as soon as we started running and stopped as soon as we finished. Cameron did great though, and I tried to explain that if people in front of you are going slower than you are, it is okay to pass them. He looked at me like I was being rude. Oh well, he'll learn.

5 comments:

Tisha said...

no ice cream for adults?? so rude (or "rood" as Bri spells it)! so lame.
the picture of the two of you is so cute!

Kiera said...

That sounds like fun...I hope Kambri likes to run in the future...I would love to do stuff like that!

Danny and Jill said...

Sooo cute! My kids will definitely be runners too!

Sara said...

Go Cameron! and his mom. I wish I had thought of introducing running to my kids instead of group sports first. You are a smarty!

Laura said...

That's pretty funny. Wasn't he wanting to pass everybody for the first race he did?