Oh that girl


For a couple months Miriam was being an all-star sleeper.  She would sleep from 8-12 hours uninterrupted. 

The last few nights have been a different story.  Multiple times during the dark hours I find myself in her room frustrated, discouraged and even angry.

But ultimately it doesn't matter if she wakes me three times, six times, or a dozen times.

In the morning when I go to her room to retrieve her from her crib she grins at me.

And all is forgiven.

Oh the power of that morning smile. 

3 comments:

Krista said...

Sleeping 8-12 hours straight!?!?! Even if it is just a "was", that is pretty impressive and I am beyond jealous.

Russell and Jillian said...

Hi Jo! I understand...don't we all? Hope it goes better for you. And are y'all in Boise? We're moving into my parents' house for the summer and I'd love to get together if so. Email me: jillianromriell@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Brookie said...

she is lovely:)