life is a highway

The last couple years Richard and I lived in Pocatello I was working at a dental office in Idaho Falls. It was about a 50 minute commute, door to door.  I did that three or four days a week.  There were times I hated it but now looking back I miss that quiet time to myself.  In particular I miss the drive home in the spring or fall.  I would take the back roads of Idaho Falls to get to the freeway.  I would roll my window down and turn up the music. 

Everyone should do this.  It is good for the soul. 

One of the advantages of living in Kuna is that you have to drive 55mph on "country" roads to get into Meridian or Boise.

55mph is the perfect speed for rolling down the windows.  It gives a sufficient airflow to really feel a breeze but it isn't too noisy. 

The last few Saturdays I have left the children with Richard and gone to run errands.  These days some of my most liberating moments are driving away from my house alone.  I am responsible for myself only.

Add to that liberating feeling, the beautiful 70 degree weather we had on Saturday.  

Windows down.  Hair blowing.  Good music.  Singing at the top of my lungs.

It was exhilarating and I highly recommend it.

Even if you drive a mini-van and you are jamming out to Neil Diamond and Michael Buble.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I went for a run outside with my music blaring and it felt so good! I love this time of year.

Joleen said...

I thought of you while driving down the road with my windows open- rocking out to Josh Groban & Rascal Flatts!! :D