and so, between them both they licked the platter clean

Cameron has great intentions. Eli has great follow-through.

On Saturday I let them use the shop vac and a toothbrush to clean out the part of the sliding door that had filled with dirt and dead flies. 

We call them the tortoise and the hare, because Cameron starts out with zeal but tires quickly of any given task.  Eli is slow and steady until the job is done. 

It is these blatant differences in personalities that make life interesting around here. 

Miriam, well she is a bit lazy.  The biggest effort she puts forth is getting that thumb in her mouth.

Speaking of differences...

Cameron loves fruit.  There is not a fruit he will not eat.  Really, we haven't discovered one. 

Eli loves dairy, especially cheese.  There some cheeses out there that many adults don't like but Eli loves all cheese. 

The other night for dinner I gave the boys a snack I used to eat when I was a kid.  Cottage cheese with pineapple on top.  Eli devoured the cottage cheese leaving the pineapple in the bottom of his bowl.  Cameron carefully extracted all the pineapple from his dish leaving behind the curdled white stuff. 

Then they traded bowls. 

7 comments:

Kiera said...

hey! i found your blog on facebook...hope you don't mind...I love that they eat their favorite foods and trade bowls...how cute!!!What a good team!!! And little Mariam sucking her thumb that is so cute!!! I remember when it was cute for Kambri to suck her thumb...but at three I just wish she would stop :)

Brit said...

I love that they are complimenting each other with work and food!

Brock and Kristina said...

I love this post! Cameron and Eli are so cute. I feel like I know them. Hilarious.

Kristi said...

That's awesome! What a team.

Tisha said...

that is so funny and cute.

Wendy said...

It's so funny how opposite siblings can be. And helpful too, when you want them to finish their snack. :-)

Laura said...

haha They're a good team!