so long February!

El Nino has exhibited itself in Boise as a mild winter with more rain than snow.  For weeks the boys have been asking me when they could build a snowman.  In January I remained optimistic that it would snow again and reassured them the opportunity would come.  But last week as February was winding down I had lost hope.  When a pathetic snowfall covered the ground in just enough white stuff for the boys to notice I couldn't deny them the opportunity I had promised.  We bundled up and headed out.  Unfortunately it didn't take long to realize this snow was not snow, but rather slush and a snowman was out of the question.  But they still had a good time.  I only lasted about as long as it took to take these pictures and then my feet were soaked and I was ready to go inside. 

3 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

The hats are adorable on them. so glad they like to wear them.

Wendy said...

I love the wrestling picture! That is such a brother thing to do!

Laura said...

It's the simple joys, isn't it?