the sewing

In order to make a room for the baby -- who will be named Miriam Grace unless she is a HE -- we moved the boys out of their room and into the "bonus room". (This move prevented us from having to sacrifice our craft room/office.) So rather than devoting my nesting energies to Miriam's room, I have been focused on transforming the play room into a bedroom. First step was the beds. So glad that is over! Next step, the bedding.
It wasn't a complicated project but making two at once turned out to be a bit time consuming. Thankfully my seamstress mother was very helpful.
You'll see both (they are identical) when I post pictures of the completed room makeover.

6 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Cuh-yoot! :)

Krista said...

Love the stars!! Very nice.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

They turned out so good! It's a good thing you had the headlamp for some of the hard work.

Laura said...

I am so impressed that you hand stitched the outside. Way to go Jo!

Michaelangelo said...

Super cute! That's what I need to do for my boys.... And I love the name you've chosen!

Melissa said...

Wow, lots of great projects Jo. I loved the pic frames especially - maybe because it's the one that seemed attainable for me. :) Miriam is such a pretty name - it just fits, too.