we're nutty

A friend of mine told a story on her blog about the odd choices her son made when allowed to eat whatever he wanted. I don't recall what he chose, but it took her by surprise.


The other day I was sitting here at the computer and Cameron came in with a lettuce wedge. Although I'm not sure why, I tried to take it away. He insisted that he wanted it and it finally occurred to me that it was lettuce, not cotton candy. So I let him eat it.
I mentioned in the fall that my mom and I signed up for a Community Sponsored Agriculture co-op. In the fall you pay money that is used to plant. In the spring and summer your money is a credit for you at the farm. My mom and I took our first trip out there last week and I came home with onions, asparagus, carrots and bok choy.


Bok choy.

I had no idea what it was or what to do with it. But today was that day, the day before grocery day where the selection is nil. So I got online and found a recipe for bok choy soup. It was delicious.
What does this mean for my family? Just the idea of my four year old eating a lettuce wedge for a snack and me eating bok choy soup for lunch brings visions of hairy armpits and L.L. Bean. Someone help me.


So just to keep myself grounded I bought frozen chicken nuggets and white bread on my grocery run. I haven't had white bread in a really long time.

7 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I am continually amazed at what great eaters Cam and Eli are. They LOVE fruits & veggies! Good job, Jo.

Laura said...

That reminded me of when Ben and I were babysitting and Cam asked for a treat. We asked him what he was thinking of for a treat and he excitedly said, "Umm, an orange!?" We about died laughing. What great eaters you have indeed!

DOUCET FAMILY said...

What a good little rabbit. Please no hairy armpits..ll bean not so bad though. :)

Anne said...

I thought Cameron was eating watermelon rind! Glad to hear it is lettuce. Have fun with all of your veggies!

Brooke said...

Your "vision" part gave me a good laugh. Hope things are well with you.

Brock and Kristina said...

you can blame the bok choy on pregnancy. but lettuce???? you are right though, there are definitely worse things.

Jamie H. said...

I'm impressed! I've only heard of bok choy...never even seen it until now! Way to be resourceful! (BTW- the hairy armits/LL Bean comment made me laugh!)