a temporary absence

Although my departure isn't for another five days I can already feel the stress of the coming week setting in. It is knocking at the door the same way a sore throat indicates a cold is coming on. So although I might rather blog than tackle some of the tasks that await me; it is best that I focus my energies on making sure my home and children will survive 10 days without me. (Of course they will, but if I admit that what will happen to my self-worth?)

Thank you everyone for your contributions. I am excited but also a little anxious about my upcoming adventure. I can only imagine the blog posts that will be born of this experience and I am determined NOT to come home and post a thousand pictures that will not do justice to my thoughts. But post I will, because I have been advised that sharing my ponderings is an important part of this expedition.

Cheerio!

9 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

We will take good care of the munchkins for you, but there is only one "mama" that they love and they will miss you. But would you have it any other way?

Brandon and Natalie said...

We'll miss you and your fabulous postings!!! Dang I forgot to guess on the change - I wanted some cards!!!

Sara said...

o Jo I am so excited for you. What an experience. Best of Luck

Jaymie Quigley said...

You will have to spread your pictures out. Maybe do one day at a time so we all can take it is slowly. I can't wait to hear about. Accounting Wives Dinner when you get back!

Gibb Family said...

Have fun and we will miss you. Can't wait for the pictures and stories when you get back.

SarahAnne said...

Have fun and take care! Excited to hear and see all your adventures!

Brock and Kristina said...

have fun!! I can't wait to hear about it. Did you know Mindy is in ecquador (or somewhere like that) doing the same thing? her pics and stuff are on facebook. you guys are so lucky! Someday....

Nicole said...

Have so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm going to Boise next week and was going to see if you wanted to do lunch, looks like I'll have to give you a call on my next trip in the summer. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Good luck and have fun. Thank you so much for the cards. I'm not one to usually win things, so thanks, it really made my night.