The story of our leak begs to become an analogy for something, but I'm not in the mood, and I am terrible at analogies. The short version of the story is that there was a very small leak, that dripped a very small drip, for a very long time. (How long? We're not sure.) But it finally started to manifest itself as wet carpet and we called the plummer. I didn't take his picture, that would be weird. But he was so nice and became Cameron's newest friend.
This is the guilty valve. It is supposed to provide water to the freezer for the ice maker we don't have. It doesn't look that suspcious does it? (Remember hindsight vision is 20/20.)

Gross.

So now we have big blue machines blowing hot air around our smelly house. Not smelly from the mold that was growing but from whatever cleaning agent the company is using. Maybe I'll get new floors out of this. Every cloud...

6 comments:

Krista said...

I'm sorry, that can't be fun. Let me know if I can help!!

Laura said...

For work I get to see a LOT of pictures like that, and I cringe when I see that people have let them go for a long time and soon they have a large flood. I'm sorry it happened to you guys, but we to be proactive and have the drywall removed etc. Smart choice.

Wendy said...

No fun! I am glad you are getting it fixed!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

They say evey cloud has a silver lining - that being new carpet and floors!

Anne said...

Don't ya just love Hubble. Haven't had any leaks yet...just cracking/peeling plaster and having to replace various things. Good luck with the clean up.

Unknown said...

water damage is no fun at all.
It's scary how fast mold grows and spreads.