Anecdote Time

Warning: This post makes reference to certain female articles of clothing.

I suppose this conversation happens between mothers and sons all the time, but that didn't make it any less amusing when it was my turn with Cameron.

The scene: I am folding laundry and Cameron comes in the room. He picks up a bra and the following conversation ensues:

Cameron: What's this?
Me: Oh, that's mine.
Cameron: What is it called?
Me: It's called a bra.
Cameron: When I was a girl I had one of these!
Me: Oh? Hmmm.
(I don't even know where to BEGIN with that statement.)

He proceeds to swing it around and around whacking Eli in the face.

Me: Cameron please don't play with that.
Cameron: Oh, is it just for little boys to look at?(We often tell Cameron that some things aren't to touch or play with, just to look at.)
Me: Um, not exactly. (Actually thinking "Heavens No!")

11 comments:

The Gwilliams said...

Haha, that's hilarious! I got a good laugh out of that one! I think I would've been at a loss of words too!

The Bailey's said...

very funny! I can see him saying all of that he is so smart, and just soooooo cute!

Krista said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud at that one!!!

Sara said...

Way to start the morning off right. I laughed at this one! But I have to say thanks for the outline for what to say because I haven't encounterd that one yet.

Lacie and Jared said...

OH Jo JO- your in for it ! :) so cute! Your boys are the most adorable! miss you.

Laura said...

Hilarious! Just the other day my nephew asked my sister where babies came from. He's 5:) His final solution was that they hop in little matchbox cars and drive into the stomach. It works for now!

Anne said...

Too funny!

Wendy said...

That is laugh out loud funny! I LOVE it.

scrappily ever crafters said...

That is too cute! I just love 3 year olds. They keep you from taking life too seriously!

J and Ris said...

That just made me laugh too hard! Thanks for the laugh today!

Brenna said...

I laughed so hard when I read this Jo! Jackson and I have had bra conversations too. One of them started when I walked into my bedroom to find both Jackson and James wearing sports bras around thier necks!