Why do we blog?

Okay so for anyone who hasn't visited this blog http://www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/ you should check it out. (Thanks Jensie and BTW can someone fill me in on how to make a link without typing the address?) Anyway Richard and I got some good hearty laughs from reading through old posts. Oh and it's a satire, it took me a few minutes to catch on to that...

So it made me think... am I an insecure Mormon Mommy who blog-brags? I was so sure that I wasn't. I usually question my motives before posting things and justify by thinking "it's for family" or "it's my journal" yeah yeah yeah. Well on Wednesday I posted pics from our 4th of July. We left to go camping for a few days and I was sure when I returned there would be loads of comments! And what did I find? One comment. (Thanks Wendy.) I was so disappointed. (That should be my first clue about my self-worth...letting it hang on comments). I know all my fellow bloggers are addicted just like I am and use our google reader to keep constant tabs on each other's posts. So I know you've been reading... If you don't use google reader you need a friend like Stephanie to enlighten you. Now I only spend 4 hours blogging instead of 5. (Yes Dad I am exaggerating.)

Conclusion is: I have issues. Blog issues. Time for a hiatus. But first I just have to post one more thing...see above.

5 comments:

Liv said...

SO TRUE. That totally cracks me up, Jo. I am the same way with comments: if there aren't any comments, I am a little disappointed. If there are lots, I feel so good about giving everyone something to talk about. I will go read that blog and figure out if I am an insecure Mormon Mommy who blog brags. I probably am.
But I LOVE reading your blog-so don't stop now!
Are you coming to scrapbook this week?

Wendy said...

It says Liv posted that last comment, but it was actually me, Wendy.

Krista said...

Hiatus?! Noooooooooo!

The Bailey's said...

I had to laugh, man I am just like you and yeah I should look into that google reader! I do spend too much time. I just love it.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I'm glad to hear that it was Wendy and not Liv commenting because she sounded way too grown up!
That website was hilarious.
Keep up the blogging, Jo. Yours is so fun and "cool". And I'm not biased, either:)