Neil Diamond on Idol!

I am totally a Neil Diamond fan. I used to be a closet Neil Diamond fan but I've decided there is no shame in liking the guy. I remember when I was a kid I loved the song "Coming to America" (today!) In college Kari and Jodi made fun of his Christmas songs (super cheesy) but I secretly LOVED them. After watching "Fever Pitch" I remembered how much I like the song "Sweet Caroline". Another favorite of mine is "Cracklin' Rosie". But right now, #3 on my playlist is "Forever in Blue Jeans". Lori pointed out that nothing brings nostalgia like Neil Diamond and the boys and I love to dance to this song. Just a week ago or so, I was thinking to myself "It would be awesome if they did Neil Diamond on Idol." I haven't even watched Idol that much and for all I knew they probably already did. But I happened to wach Idol tonight and heard the great news. I am so excited I had Cameron sing "Sweet Caroline" for everyone to see. Watch out David and Syesha, Cameron Bird knows Neil!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

That was AWESOME!! What a cutie! You can tell he hears that song a lot. Gary and I love Neil too. Mostly because our parents listened to it when we were little and without thinking about it we can sing all the lyrics. I will have to watch Idol.

Brenna said...

That was so cute...I have been singing that song all day after hearing him...I even do to bam, bam, bam part!

The Bailey's said...

ok I so dont remember making fun of him, but I really try not to have any memories from hygiene, with all my therapy I have completely blocked it all out! ha, anyways I grew up on Neil infact on Sunday I watched "The Jazz singer" if I was going to be on Idol I would sing "Hello,my friend, hello!" Believe me I have already thought about it. i loved "coming to america" when I was a little girl it reminds me of going and getting a slurpee at 7/11 with my dad. Oh and by the way cameron is Freaken CUTE! I cant believe that. OH and for one good memory, (this is for Kari too) how about SAVING SILVERMAN!

Nicole said...

I love the picture of the video of your kiddo!!! He is too cite!! I'm coming to Boise on May 12th and staying for a week! We definitely need to get together!!!

Nicole said...

I'm such a nerd, that first sentence made no sense:) Here it goes..... I love the video of you kiddo!!!!!

MKB said...

I HEART NEIL DIAMOND...I went to his concert when he was here it rocked!

Krista said...

Cameron does a great Neil Diamond - I love it!! I am also a fan...I saw him in concert several years ago.

Sara said...

Way too cute. I miss that kid! He is adorable. While I know those songs and like them too I simply couldn't have told you who sang them. I did dance to Coming to America in Junior high and I think my body has the moves still programed. Yikes.

The Allens said...

That video is so cute! I love when kids sing!

Anonymous said...

I think Cam has his first stalker... Ellie keeps pushing the play button over and over. I guess we better start a fan club. I thought I had at least 9 more years before I had to worry about this - ugh.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I was lucky enough to be with Cameron when we watched David Archuletta sing "Sweet Caroline" on Idol and he sang it even better than David! Spoken like a true grandma.....