Happy Birthday to ME

Today I am thirty years old.  I'm pretty happy about this.  For someone who is frequently told how young they look, getting older becomes good entertainment for the purpose of shock value.  The next time someone says I look 16 I can't wait to respond, "YES! And I'm 30!" They'll just die.

A woman I admire, but do not actually know, posted the following video on her blog on her birthday. It's just like her to be the one giving gifts on her birthday.  But this video has made each day of my life better for the last six weeks since I first saw/heard it.  I converted it into an MP3 so I could listen to it on my phone.  I play it each morning after my alarm goes off, to help me "embrace [the] day with an enthusiastic welcome."

Throughout the day I recall Elder Busche's words to give me strength.  When I begin to lose patience with one of the kids, I hear Elder Busche telling me to keep things in perspective.  When I feel lazy Elder Busche reminds me that "in thoroughness is satisfaction."  When someone hurts/offends me - the voice of Elder Busche urges me to forgive.  And when I have questions Elder Busche assures me that through the Holy Ghost I am entitled to enlightement.

I could go on and on, but I'll just let the video speak for itself.

3 comments:

The Allens said...

Thanks, Jo, I needed that today.

MelissaR said...

Hope you had a great birthday Jo!!! And thank you for the enlightenment!

Molly said...

Just realized your blog wasn't showing up in my reader for some reason. Added it again. Happy Birthday!! I somehow missed that video. I'll have to watch it when I get home.