blast from the past

I've been totally unmotivated to blog lately. But when I took this picture of Miriam I had a major flashback and a wave of nostalgia and I had to share.


Remember this? Oh how I wanted a "Kid Sister." That was the most effective marketing I can recall from my childhood. Didn't those kids just seem to have the most glorious existance? I was sure they were so content with their "Buddy" or "Sister" they wanted for nothing else.





It makes me wonder if a doll like that would even sell today. No bells or whistles. Their eyes don't even close.

Sigh.

4 comments:

meredith c. said...

definitely remember kid sister, etc. never got one. but I HAD CABBAGE PATCH KIDS! and loved them. she is seriously the cutest button ever.

and ill join pinterest, soon :) im deleted my FB!

Laura said...

I love it! I think the wave of nostalgia for me came with the "after these messages, we'll be right back." haha Great video Jo.

Sara said...

Yep, I remember those dolls. My little sister actually recieved one for a birthday or some special occasion. The killer for us with that doll was when the movie "Chucky" came out around the same time. My brother took the doll, with a butcher knife in the dolls hand and chased my sister. I believe someone thought the scored big time at DI that year!

Brookie said...

i totally remember kid sister. thanks for the flashback:)