my name is Simon

Simon Sterling Bird. Sterling was my great-grandfather's name. I came into the world in a big hurry on March 24th. Well, once it was actully time to come I had second thoughts and made my mom work for it. I weighed 7lbs 7oz at birth but now I'm down to 6lbs 14oz.

Just like my siblings before me I have jaundice and reflux. So I spent a few days as a glow worm on the bili-blanket. I even had to have an upper GI test done to make sure my digestive anatomy was developed properly. (Those are big words for a six-day-old baby.) Which it was. I will probably just go through lots of laundry and gain weight slowly. That's just the way we Bird babies come.

My dad got Strep throat and a sinus infection two days after I was born and my mom got sick too. It's been a bit rough around here. But I'm lucky to have helpful grandmas and my parents have lots of other helpful friends and family. Things are going much better. Even my sister Miriam is adjusting well. No regression whatsoever...

11 comments:

Krista said...

He is PRECIOUS!!! And look how huge Miriam looks now.

Brookie said...

he is sooooooo cute! 7'7 isn't that really big for one of your babies:) he is darling, jo! congratulations!!

Brock and Kristina said...

He is so precious! Best wishes Jo. You are superwoman!

J and Ris said...

He looks just like a Bird baby!! You did good work, again!! I agree- Miriam looks so big now! Hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

Laura said...

Haha Jo that picture of Miriam is precious! haha I love it! Can't wait to meet the little guy tomorrow!

Steph said...

SO beautiful!!!! CONGRATS!

Holly Ogden said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet and I love his name!

Sara said...

Congratulations and.... best of luck for all the adjusting going on. How thrilling and exhausting at the same time. I am sorry to hear of everyone getting sick too. Hope you are all doing well soon.

MelissaR said...

I love the pictures! I hope you're all on the mend and are enjoying a very restful weekend. Someone asked me the other day how I felt about being a mom to 4 kids. I told them to ask me in a year... ha ha! Actually, now that my baby is nearly 2 months I feel like I'm finally starting to adjust. You'll be great!

SarahAnne said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy! I know how you feel with the transition-thing - one day at a time, don't put pressure on yourself to be doing more than the minimum to keep family fed and loved, and rest whenever possible.... which is maybe only once a week, if we're all honest, right? (((HUGS)))

Russell and Jillian said...

He's such a cutie Jo! Miriam and Tate are the same age and I keep thinking...wow! I could've had another one by now. I think you're doing a great job and I wish you luck with 4!