summer 2010 in the books

Another summer is slipping away. We have watched the corn in the fields around our neighborhood grow taller and taller. It's a fun way for the boys to observe the passage of time.

At the beginning of the summer I committed to live it up this summer. To swim and picnic and enjoy the sunshine without regret when the days became cool. I can say now that I am completely satisfied with our summer adventures. And the joy of such satisfaction is the way that I can welcome Fall with open arms. Because frankly, I'm exhausted. I'm ready for a slower pace and a daily routine. I'm ready for squash soups and college football Saturdays. And I'm ready to leave a week from tomorrow for a week-long vacation with Richard without children. (I take that back, I'm not exactly ready for that.)

Here is a photo recap of our summer days. It's enough pictures to make up for months of non-blogging, but only about 2% of the pictures I took all summer.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Great pictures Jo! It has been a satisfying summer, hasn't it? I wish we'd camped more though!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I love your committment to fun times, Jo. I think you helped us all have a fun summer. You're always there and willing to make it a summer party!

Tisha said...

i love the pics with your boys in their white shirts and ties. i hate it when boys come to church in sneakers and polos/t-shirts. seriously? i'm pretty sure i remember my youngest brother going to church in sweats every week - when he was nursery age. c'mon, mom!!
i saw the avett bros on austin city limits - loved 'em!
good for you for having tons of fun this summer. i have a few regrets, but not too many. we did have a lot of fun. i've never been swimming so much in my life! there were many weeks with 5 pool days and 1 beach, or 4 pool, 2 beach. miss you

Michaelangelo said...

Oh I LOVE summertime! Looks like you guys have had a blast and made a lot of fun memories!! Good luck with the new school year!