Miriam's room

Well she is eight months old and her bedroom is finally [nearly] done. I still have some purple ribbon to sew around the crib skirt but that is so intimidating to me I've been procrastinating it. What I love about this room (besides the fact that it is my favorite color) is all the contributions made by family members. My mom made new cushions for the rocking chair. Sisters Brit, Lori and Adri painted the little birds. And sister-in-law Laura made the little pot of flowers. My mother also pieced and hand-quilted the quilt, which is its own piece of art.

9 comments:

Krista said...

It's so cute!! I have been scouring Craigslist every day for a glider rocker that I can recover!

Joleen said...

I LOVE it! Very cute Jo!

Unknown said...

Very colorful and girly. I love it.

Adrienne said...

Looks great, Jo! I love that paisley green fabric, is that a "Hobby Lobby" find? I'm sure your plan to get Miriam to grow up with your same passion for orange will be a rousing success.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Its adorable, Jo. It's all so "finished". The boy's room is cute too. You have the knack.

Anne said...

I love her room! I wish I had the same talent as you do. :)

Shannon said...

I really like the way the room turned out. Very pretty!

Laura said...

I love the little branch coming out from the window with the bird on it, so cute!

Michaelangelo said...

Super cute Jo! I love the orange!