one down, one to go

It is a good thing three year olds are so easy to please.  At about 5:30pm yesterday I felt a sense that I had failed to provide the birthday for Eli that I had wanted.  Richard was quick to point out that Eli didn't notice anything lacking.  Isn't that often the way it goes?  We don't live up to our own elaborate expectations but our children never know the difference.   Or maybe they even appreciate the difference.  The simplicity.  Let this be a lesson to me.
**Thank you to a thoughtful nursery teacher for the balloons. 

3 comments:

Krista said...

It's comforting to know that I am not the only one that never seems to execute the birthday party that I envision. Eli sure looks happy, so I would call that a success!

Anne said...

I think too many people spend way too much money and energy into birthdays. I'm all for the simplicity, especially while they are young. Look at that face...makes me smile! :)

Joleen said...

I didn't realize your boys' birthdays were so close. I'll be by tomorrow with something for Cameron from his primary teachers...not as cool as balloons, but I hope he likes it anyway! :D