my first SOLO sewing project

I left my wallet in Richard's truck.  Richard drove his truck to the airport.  At the gas station I realized I had no wallet.  I drove home with a prayer in my heart that I would not run out of gas.  I have been stranded at home for a couple days.  No gas. No wallet.  Luckily my mom came to the rescue today with a $20 bill.  That currency meant freedom.  I think we might have all gone crazy by Saturday had we remained prisoners in our own home. 

Before the heroine brought the cash, I was looking for distractions.  Richard bought me a sewing machine for Christmas.  (Feminists- do not rise up, I wanted a sewing machine.)  Up until yesterday I had been too intimidated by it, and too busy with other projects, to assemble it and try it out.  I must be honest.  The only assembling required was threading the bobbin, and the machine.  But that meant reading an instruction manual.  And I hate instruction manuals.


But necessity is the mother of invention. And sewing projects.  The socks in our house were becoming hostages to Eli.  He was filling them all with toys and carrying them around as his "sock bags."  I decided to sew an alternative bag that would allow the socks to fulfill their purpose protecting little feet. 

I have sewn before, but never alone.  It went quite well, if I may say so.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Ok, first of all you can call me if you ever need help in any situation. I know how hard it is to be stuck at home for lengths of time without a spouse. Good for you for "assembling" your sewing machine and putting it to work!! I'm excited you have one now!

Sara said...

I agree. Cute project. I love the blue thread on the dark bag. (I can't tell if it is black or brown.)

Michaelangelo said...

nice work! Aren't kids so funny how they make toys out of anything?

Can you email me your address please? I have a little something for baby Miriam :) angela at angelheadbands dot com

Thanks!

Laura said...

Wow! Way to go Jo!