more painting

The bonus room doesn't have a closet so I looked for months on Craigslist for an armoire that was deep enough for hangers and a rod and didn't cost a small fortune. (There are a lot of antique armoires for sale out there.)


Finally I'd settled on an armoire from IKEA that was reasonably priced, white and brand new. But then I found an armoire on craigslist that was solid wood and one third the price of the IKEA one. After sanding and painting the beds the last thing I wanted was another refinishing project, but it went pretty well and I'm really happy with it.
I was also pleased that the laundry hamper fit in the bottom half. I wasn't sure where I was going to hide that thing...

4 comments:

Krista said...

Wow - it looks awesome. You aren't going to want to refinish any furniture for a long time!

Gibb Family said...

that looks so good. Good job!

Laura said...

Seriously Jo, you put me to shame!

Michaelangelo said...

That's a LOT of work and it looks fantastic!!