It's in the air and I can't resist

Several years ago shortly after we were married I discovered something about Richard and decided it was a crossroad. I concluded that I must choose to either tolerate this interest of his that occupied him for hours on Saturday afternoons, or I could embrace it. I decided to embrace it.

My foundation for a love of college football had been laid after attending a few BYU football games with my older brother and sister. The Cougs love their football team and it's contagious.

The first personal step in my conversion was Richard and I signing up for a co-ed flag football team at ISU. We had a great time (despite the turf burns) and I learned for the first time what a first down was. After understanding the fundamentals of football it became much easier to watch a game.

But what has really deepened my love for the game has been jumping on the BSU bandwagon since we moved back to Boise three years ago. Now I love this time of year and I love watching the anticipation in Richard's eyes as Game Day approaches. This year I saw that same anticipation in Cameron's eyes with all the talk of Bronco football, and of course whatever excites Cameron excites Eli. Thanks for not disappointing last night Broncos.


**And now I am going to do something that I usually frown upon. I am going to post several pictures that are all basically the same but different enough that a mother feels compelled to post them all. The great game-day gear was provided by my loyal Bronco fan mother-in-law.

5 comments:

Gibb Family said...

I love this time of year. I also love those outfits. So Cute!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

The cutest little Bronco fans I ever did see.
I have loved watching your metamorphasis into a full fledged college football fan.
You made a good choice to "JOIN EM' because Rich is one of the funnest people to watch a game with.

The Bailey's said...

oh man....those outfits are so cute! Ok I have a HUGE love of college football( more than Eric). It does make me homesick however, I grew up watching football with 5 brothers and parents who love it! I love it too. It makes me love the fall. Go BYU tonight! Its on ESPN tonight so I get to watch it.

Laura said...

Those little outfits really are adorable! I loved seeing them swish around the other night. I decided to do the same when we got married, and I have not been disappointed! In fact, I'm probably going to watch the games without Ben today (poor guy has to work).

Melissa said...

Each pic deserved to be seen. So cute! And a good weekend for the BSU and BYU fans alike. :)