vacation, all I ever wanted

Vacation, time to get away!

These pictures were taken a couple weeks ago out on the water. The boys love the boat. Tomorrow Richard's brother Scott is coming home from his mission and Friday we are headed to Island Park. Cameron has been talking about this trip for months. He can't wait to watch the 4th of July fireworks out on the boat. I am saying many silent prayers that the community of Island Park didn't join thousands of other communities and cut the firework display due to weak finances.

The life jacket Cameron wears was Richard's when he was little. If I had thought of it I would have snapped a picture of the faded words on the back, written with a sharpie 25 years ago.

"RICHIE BIRD"

One day Cameron was talking about riding in the boat and couldn't remember the correct term for the life-jacket. His best guess, and kind of catchy, was "BOAT-COAT".
It's too bad his spidey sunglasses were obliterated by the lawn mower. I had this great idea to give him jobs around the house to buy new ones. He's been working hard but has decided to buy Lightning McQueen with his money instead. Oh well, I have appreciated his help with the housework and now that I know he is capable of doing it I have big plans.


Wishing you all a very patriotic 4th of July!

America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw;
Confirm thy soul in self control, thy liberty in law!

I'm pretty sure we could use a little more self-control as a nation.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I can't wait to go to Island Park as well! It's always fun when we all get together.

Krista said...

What cute pictures of the boys!

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Island park is my favorite place to go, I grew up going there with my family. You guys will have so much fun!

Jaymie Quigley said...

That looks fun. Will you have a little brown eyed girl next year?