I've been enlightened

I've mentioned before that a Jehovah's Witness couple comes by every Tuesday at 11:30am. Up to this point our topics of discussion have been things that we generally agree on. I was nervous today because I knew I was going to have to disagree about what we were planning to discuss.


In preparation for their visit I read the little chapter in the book they gave me. I panicked because I knew that our views were different but I didn't know why or how to articulate it. So I did a little research but I was still confused. I called Richard in desperation. He explained a few things that cleared up the subject greatly. I then continued to read about the matter in the Bible and the book Jesus the Christ.


I had an amazing experience. All of the sudden I understood something about the gospel that I had never understood before. And not only did I gain an intellectual understanding but I gained a spiritual confirmation.


While they were here we discussed the issue and I tried to bear my witness that Jehovah is the Lord Jesus Christ. All I received from them were doubtful stares but on a personal level I was different.

2 comments:

The Bailey's said...

Your amazing Jo. I always open the door, let them share their good message and when they ask to come back because, of course I am so nice. I politely tell them NO! That I am strong in my own faith! Ok but I am going to be nosey. I would like to hear what they were discussing and what you learned?????? enlighten me!

Laura said...

Good for you Jo! Isn't that the truth though? It is just as Elder Packer said "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.”