exhausted

7:32am: Four year old at the side of my bed. "Hi mom."
"Good morning Cam."
"Can I have chocolate milk and watch cartoons?"
"Yeah. Go potty first."

7:56: Kids have sucked the sippies dry and are engrossed in "Marsa" as they call it. (Show about a talking dog, we'll save that for another post.) Are all kids obsessive about a morning routine, or just mine?

8:00: Office calls. "Chris is sick, can you come in?"
"No, I can't find a babysitter on this short of notice."

8:10: Scripture study interrupted by unrelenting guilt. Chris is a hard worker and desperate for hours. He must really not feel well.

8:11-8:20: Thinking, thinking, thinking. I am totally handicapped when it comes to making a decision and then forgetting about it and moving on.

8:21: Call a friend. She can watch the boys. Wednesdays are short days, it is only until 2:00.
Call the office back.

8:58: Showered, dressed. Kids are dressed. Off we go.

9:35: Arrive at the office, put on my scrubs. Sit on the couch in the lounge room and brace myself. I haven't worked three days in a row in awhile. (Quit your whining Jo.)

2:11: Leave the office, stop by Laura's to pick up a bag full of veggies from her mom's garden.

2:40: Pick up the boys.

3:00-3:34: Sit in front of the computer with a bag of chips and french onion dip. Skipping naps for the boys.

3:40: Return some items to a friend, wish I could stay and talk but I have a visiting teaching appointment at 4:00.

4:07: Shoot. Late for the appointment.

5:12: Get home from appointment. (We chatted a long time. It felt good to chat amidst the chaos of six boys ages six and under. )

5:30: Dinner

5:42: Eli falls asleep at the table.
6:37: Jo falls asleep writing this blog post.

Five minutes ago: Reader fell asleep reading it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the timeline:) You have every right to be exhausted! Working AND raising two energetic boys is tough. All without a husband there to add to it. Yes Jo, I think you have FULL right to be exhausted.

Brock and Kristina said...

cute picture of eli. man, don't you wish you could just crash anywhere when you are exhausted? i sure do. hope you have a good day today. :)