the flu comes around

The stomach flu paid us a visit the last few days. It started on Thursday with Eli, and for an unexplicable reason waited until Monday to strike Cameron and myself yesterday.

I am blessed during pregnancy that despite being frequently nauseated I rarely ever throw up. But this virus was determined to see otherwise.

I spent the majority of the day in bed. Luckily my kids are thrilled with any opportunity to spend extensive amounts of time with our On Call Parent. (The television.) I suppose now their brains have turned to mush.
They were so worn out from their time with the OCP that they both took long naps. Cameron slept for 2 1/2 hours and Eli for 4. It made my day. But Richard wasn't so excited about their long naps when I told him that they wouldn't exactly be ready for bed at 8:00. But he forgave me for letting them oversleep. How can you not forgive someone sitting on the bathroom rug hovering over the porcelain throne?
It wasn't until Richard got home and took the boys outside that I had my own turn in front of the t.v. It was short-lived though because I had to change the channel every time a commercial about food came on. That was exhausting so I went back to bed.

Fortunately today after a priesthood blessing and appeals to Heaven I am doing much better. But just to play it safe I am sticking to the BRAT diet.


Time for another bowl of applesauce. It's a good thing it is delicious homemade applesauce. :)

5 comments:

Anne said...

Hope you're back on your feet soon. I'd rather see a dentist than be throwing up. Oh, no offense there!

Brian and Emily said...

I'm so so sorry. If it makes you feel any better, Tuesday was my day to get it. I can't help but wonder why the pregnant mom should get it when she is already doing as much as her energy can handle! Oh well- its the BRAT for the both of us. Except my applesauce is not homemade!

Gibb Family said...

Im sorry. I hope it ends soon!

Laura said...

Bummer! There should be a rule that pregnant people can't get sick. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Krista said...

Eeeeek. Not fun at all! I hope you feel better soon. Thank goodness for that applesauce. Mmmmm!