impromptu rambling

I'm just going to type and see where it goes.

Yesterday was Memorial Day. I had fun but our dog got out on Sunday and ran away. That left a pit in my stomach all day yesterday. And today. It is really starting to upset me.

We went bowling and boating for Memorial Day. Cameron was in a 4-year old paradise. I'm quite sure those are his two favorite activities.

Every Tuesday a Jehova's Witness couple comes to chat with me. I've politely informed them of my own religious resolves and they insist they just like to visit. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for these visits and I don't invite them in. Sometimes even when I invite them in I can't focus on what they are saying because the man's mustache is so long it completely covers his upper lip. I am perplexed because I don't see how it could be possible for him to kiss his dear wife.

Sometimes when I invite them in and I actually pay attention we have good conversations about Jesus Christ. And that can only be a good thing. They take their job as a witness of Jehova very seriously. I can learn from that too I suppose.

That's all that is on my mind today. Misha. J-Dubs.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Sorry to hear about Misha. Have you tried the pound?

I had such a bad experience with JW's on my mission that I usually don't answer the door when they come. One time, I did answer the door and they seemed overly eager to talk to me when I told them I was LDS. They wouldn't let me shut the door. You're right, they do take their job as witnesses very seriously.

As a general rule, I don't open the door for anyone carrying a satchel, papers, or clipboards in their hands that I don't know!

Krista said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about Misha....I hope she turns up.

Laura said...

I love the reference to them as "J-Dubs." Until I married Ben I had no idea what a J-Dub was. I hope you find Misha soon!

Brock and Kristina said...

So sad...I hope Misha comes home. :( Once I took some material from some JW and told them I would only read their pamphlet if they read some of my material and I gave them a Book of Mormon. They didn't come back. :)

Unknown said...

I hope your doggy shows up, I will keep my eyes open for her.

Michaelangelo said...

Has Misha come home yet? Hope you're able to find her soon!

I've had 3 sets of J-W's come to my door recently. I always just say that I am very happy in my faith, smile and close the door. You don't have to let them in :)