field trips

We've taken a couple field trips with Cameron's preschool in the last few months.
The first was to the fire station. I think I learned more than Cameron did. I found it very interesting. They wear 40 lbs of equipment and they can put it on in less than a minute. It's a good thing our tour guide wasn't good looking because I was impressed.

Don't you love Zeb's goggles. I love crazy kid things.

The second field trip was to the MK Nature Center in Boise. The kids were not too captivated by the fish but had a great time running away from their stroller-pushing mothers. A man in the center asked if it was "Mom's day out". I laughed out loud. As if we would choose the nature center for our "day out".


But I must admit it was nice to do the Mom-Chat thing at the park afterwards while the kids played. We discussed our gardens, literature and politics. Okay, not politics. Or literature.

Next time

5 comments:

Kim and Sean said...

Looks like fun. I missed you at church yesterday we need to catch up this week. Go to the park or something. The whole privacy issue that is a tough one, once they start to figure things out yeah no more. Hard to instill that in them though.

Nicole said...

That's a hard one, luckily we haven't had to deal with that yet! Hope all is well, I love reading your blog and keeping up to date with how you're doing!

Laura said...

I loved your comment "it's a good thing our tour guide wasn't good looking." Haha You're hilarious Jo.

Brock and Kristina said...

Since having kids I've found that many of my conversations revolve around kids and housework or projects. It's good to talk about other things though...even if it is 'next time'.
So little did I know, I thought you were joking about feeding your kids donuts for dinner. Since having two kids...I now know. It wasn't a joke. There are those days and I'm sure there will be many more to come. :)

The Bailey's said...

That looks fun, I should have put Josi is preschool. I am really regretting it. But hopefully she will understand her teachers in TN.