Race to Robie Creek

I don't really know what to say about this. It was my first half-marathon and it has a repuation as the toughest half-marathon in the northwest. I'll be honest, I was dreading it. But I surprised myself and came within a few minutes of my goal. My goal was 2hrs 15 mins and my official time was 2:18. I was 311th out of 1057 women. I'll take that. It was quite a thrill and it was great to have Richard there at the finish. I want to sincerely thank everyone who promised to cheer for me from afar. Your support and Sean's power-gel got me through.

16 comments:

Brookie said...

good job jo!!! i am so proud of you:)

Steph said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you! LOVES

Shannon said...

WOW! You are amazing.

MKB said...

Good Job! I am so jealous. I need to start running but I am so dreading it.

Anne said...

What an accomplishment! Great job!

Krista said...

Awesome!! Will you do it again?

Michaelangelo said...

Once again I am amazed. I have absolutely no desire to run, but I completely admire those who do! Great job Jo!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Gibb Family said...

Way to go Jo! That is awsome. Has to feel great to meet your goal too.(close enough)

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

Congratulations! Mark is sore...he hopes you're not as sore as him!

Laura said...

You are an inspiration Jo! Really, I say I'll do things like that, and then don't. I need your willpower!

Sarah said...

Way to go Jo!

Sara said...

You are inspiring. Truly inspiring.

Brock and Kristina said...

Holy Cow. I don't think you can get any stinkin awesomer in my eyes. I know that's not a word. Is there a marathon in the future???

Nicole said...

Good Job Jo!!! That's awesome!!

The Allens said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Good job!