Interview Me

My friend Krista was "interviewed" on her blog, and I enjoyed reading it because the questions were not a standard tag, but unique to her. She offered to interview me so here it goes:

1. I know you are a jogger. I am curious to know how long you've been doing it and can you honestly say you enjoy it?

I've been jogging off and on for a few years, but the last few months I've really committed myself to it. Do I really enjoy it? That's complicated.

Jogging is tough and sometimes I dread it. There are times when it is miserable; it hurts, it is exhausting, my muscles get sore.

But then there are moments I love it. I love jogging outside when the sun is shining. Because jogging is hard it makes it all the more satisfying. Maybe it is the endorphins or maybe it is the sense of accomplishment or maybe the health benefits. But put all those things together and I can definitely say I enjoy it.

2. We all know how crafty you are! What inspires you?

Other people inspire me. In fact, I'm honored that people think I am crafty. Mostly I am just a copy-cat. I've yet to come up with a project that isn't a version of someone else's invention.

3. What are you looking forward to most on your trip to Peru?

I'm a consumer. I value material posessions. But I don't want to be this way, and I am hoping that my visit to Peru will give me the opportunity to observe the ways people find happiness unrelated to money and objects. I am also hopeful that my service there will bless or enrich the lives of the people I meet in some way.

4. I remember from your list of 101 Things about you that you love board games. What is your favorite?

That is a tough one. I go through phases where I have favorites. Growing up my family played the game Acquire and I always looked forward to that. I like games with strategy and lately I've been into the game Ticket to Ride. I don't think I've ever played a game I didn't like.

5. Would you say there are any perks to having a husband who travels?

Yes. Richard's company is good to the employees, so when I have the chance to go with him we are able to stay in nice places and eat at nice places. He also accumulates frequent flyer miles and hotel points... which I look forward to cashing in. The sort of lame perks, but perks nonetheless are that I don't have to cook as much, I get all the hot water, the whole bed to myself and he can watch football while I watch old movies and foreign films. __________________________________________________

If you are interested in having me give you a few interview questions for you to answer on your blog, be one of the first five people to follow these instructions and I’ll be in touch.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Leave me a comment in this post saying, “Interview me” (please include your email address as well).

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choosing.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include these instructions and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions each.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Very good answers! I haven't heard of either of those board games, so I need to look into them. Getting the whole bed and all the hot water, I'm with you on those!

Sara said...

Hey Interview me.... that would be fun. You have my email don't you? I would say there are less messes to clean up with a husband gone also. And then there is the not having to deal with one more person when going somewhere. Sometimes I have found myself thinking, "I would have just handled this my way, instead I am wondering what he is thinking about this situation and changing my game plan."-- as far as possible handling the baby or a child. Weird how having them around changes so much.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Interview Me!
earlybird8@gmail.com