sigh

Every year I hear about how to be less stressed during the holidays, and in my judgmental way I think to myself "People who are stressed during the holidays need to re-prioritize."

Oops.

These things have a way of coming back and haunting me. I left for a week and when I came home Christmas was 12 days away.

STRESS!

I had such grand plans, high aspirations, big dreams. And now with each passing day some of my best intentions are crumbling by the wayside. And I am finding the holiday season less enjoyable because it is not living up to my expectations.

Now I will just judge those stressed out people not because their priorities are off, but because they didn't plan well.

I'm glad I learned my lesson.

5 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I know what you mean about leaving for a while and coming back this close to Christmas with it staring you in the face. We were in Utah for the weekend and I feel the same way. I am really trying to keep the Christmas spirit amid my relentless list of things to do.
Having the house torn up hasn't helped, I'm sure. Pictures please!

Krista said...

Well, at least you can make a mean graham cracker house!!

Michaelangelo said...

Wow isn't that the truth! There are so many things I would like to do to make Christmas magical for my kids, but there are so many other things I have to do just to keep life functioning (church callings, work, etc.) that the fun things are the first to go. *sigh* Christmas is my favorite though... so all the stress is worth it!

Bunnell's said...

Your funny...I think Christmas came fast for all of us. I wish it would slow down.

Brooke said...

haha, you took the thoughts out of my head. Our trip to Mexico threw me off completely. I am usually the first one to have my Christmas cards out, and shopping done by the beginning of December. I as well learned my lesson to plan better:)