"Listen to my heart, can you hear? It sings!"


I know that no one reading this will quite grasp the emotion with which this is written, but I want to write it nonetheless.

After looking at my thanksgiving decorations that say "GIVE THANKS" for the last few weeks I decided to take my own advice. I also just watched Christian's expression of gratitude and it put me in a very appreciative mood indeed.

This year I find myself especially thankful for good health. As I watch people around me struggle with illness or injury I am so grateful for good health. Our bodies are so complicated that I often feel it is amazing that everything works.
I am thankful for my family. My loving and unselfish parents and my siblings who know me and love me and set an example for me. My inlaws also have come to know and love me, for which I am also grateful.
I am thrilled and thankful to BE a parent. That's all I can say about that.
I am grateful grateful grateful for my husband. No one knows Richard like I do, and so I am qualified to say he is wonderful.
Last of all, but MOST of all I am thankful for the Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. I am just beginning to understand it and apply it.
Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

The Bailey's said...

I love it! I am greatful this year as well. I feel so overwhelmed and thankful for my family and kids too!

Gibb Family said...

Thank You for your post. Also for posting the thank you from christian. I love reading their blogs, they always make me want to be and do better. Happy Thanksgiving.

Laura said...

So true, this time of year is a wonderful time to be grateful for the things that we may not realize are blessings. Sometimes I don't think my body works, but I agree with you, good health is truly a blessing.

Brookie said...

i am thankful for you jo. you are a wonderful woman and mommy!!

J and Ris said...

You have so much to be thankful for! You have truly been blessed with so much! Thank you for blessing my life! I'm thankful for your friendship! What a cute pic of you and Eli!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Well said, Jo. I am thankful for YOU. We have come to love and appreciate you so much in the 5+ years we've known you.