Compromise

College football pretty much dominates our Saturdays in the fall. But last weekend was Art in the Park and so Richard compromised a little; a few hours looking at photos and paintings in the sunshine in exchange for a few hours of BYU vs. U Dub. (Which was a great game I must admit.)
This is me holding a snake that belonged to the man on the cell-phone. (He was a bit of shady character but Cameron thought it was pretty cool that I was holding a snake.)
Face painting... and toddler painting. Here we have Eli van Gogh...
and Cameron Rembrandt.

We had a great time. Richard enjoyed a Pronto Pup and I splurged on a crepe. It was a beautiful fall day and by the time we got to Gordon and Julie's for the game I was ready to sit on a couch and relax for awhile.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I'm so mad that I forgot about Art in the Park!!! And that snake...well, you are just crazy.

Anne said...

Another year goes by and the Orrs forget again. We've been meaning to go to Art in the Park for 7 years now. As far as the snake goes...COOL! When I taught preschool, we had an Asian Boa, much smaller than the one you are holding, but fun. There was, however, the issue of a snake's diet, eeww.

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Unknown said...

I am not a snake person, gross...but the other activities looked like fun. Isn't food at concessions sometimes just so yummy.