The planets aligned

The reason I made that the title is because a lot of things had to work out for the wonderful event last night to take place. The event? I went to bed shortly after 11pm and fell asleep immediately and didn't wake up again until 7:01am. Eight hours of completely uninterrupted sleep. That hasn't happened in about a year. I didn't wake up to go to the bathroom, Eli didn't wake me up to eat, Cameron didn't wake me up because of a bad dream or to "put his blanket round" him. It was so great. I woke up undisturbed and feeling completely rested. What a joy. But for all the future parents out there, don't be too discouraged (especially the men) because Richard gets many uninterrupted nights, and I have become used to them. This was just a special treat. Merry Christmas to me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big congratulations! Having just gotten up from a night full of interruptions I am a bit envious but an thrilld for you!

Anonymous said...

ooo bad typos--- sorry

The Bailey's said...

That is huge, I dont think that I have done that in years, maybe even before hygiene school, I either have insomnia, bathroom anxiety in the middle of the night, or am destined not to sleep all night. I desperatly need ambien or something, but last night I think I only woke up once, and that is a real miracle. I did take tylenol sinus PM though, so it might not count. But I think that is a huge accomplishment.

Wendy said...

I LOVE waking up for the first time and realizing that I have slept ALL night! That is rare, even with my kids being a little older. Merry Christmas to YOU!

Krista said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! I can only imagine how wonderful that was!